MODIFYING AN EVENT
An event can have any part of it modified at any time (even during the race on the fly).
- Load the event and then click on the “MODIFY RACE” button at the top of the screen. You will then see all of the classes as tabs at the top with all of the run types associated with each class below it.
- Select the tab of the class you would like to modify (if you need to add a new class it is described further down under “adding classes and run types”) and then click on the run type you would like to alter from the grid.
3. To make changes to the Run Details (change number of races, payout schedule, points schedules, etc) change them from the center section under “Selected run details” then click the button labelled “CLICK TO UPDATE CHANGES”. The system will then prompt if you want to update the program order that is automatically generated for the external monitors / race announcer screen. Click yes or no. It will then prompt to reload the event. If this is the only change you are making then click YES otherwise click NO. You will need to click the “Reload Event Changes” button later on to reload the event if you click no. NOTE: If you change the number of races or the cars per row, any lineups or results that were previously generated for that run type will be deleted and will need to be regenerated (a prompt will appear notifying of this).
- To remove a run type, left click to select it from the grid on the left then right click to select “Delete Selected Run Type”.
- To remove or edit transfer positions, right click on the row on the right and select the appropriate option from the drop down menu.
- To delete an entire class, select the class tab and then right click on it to see the “Delete Class” option.
- To add transfer positions click on the “ADD TRANSFER POSITIONS” button under the “TRANSFER POSITIONS OF SELECTED RUN” on the right.
4. To completely delete a class select the tab of the class you want to delete by left clicking on it then right click the tab to see an option appear to “DELETE SELECTED CLASS”.
TO ADD CLASSES AND RUN TYPES
On the left side of the modify race setup screen you will notice two fold out panels that are collapsed (one red and one green).
TO ADD A NEW CLASS:
1. Click on the red fold out panel labelled “ADD CLASSES (TOP TABS)(CLICK TO OPEN).
2. The panel will fold out with all of the available active classes in the system (to add or edit any of these see the how to guide named “ADDING CLASSES AND RUN TYPES”)
3. Double click on the class you would like to add from the grid. It will then appear as a new tab across the top where you can select it and then add run types to it.
TO ADD RUN TYPES TO A CLASS:
1. Click on the tab of the class you would like to add run types to.
2. Click on the green fold out panel labelled “ADD RUN TYPES > (CLICK TO OPEN)”. A fold out panel will appear with all of the active run types that are in the system. To add or edit any of these see the how to guide named “ADDING CLASSES AND RUN TYPES”.
3. Double click on the run type you would like to add to the selected class. A window will appear with the details of the run type. Here you can put in the start position type, number of races, cars per row, laps, payout schedule, sponsor, race order number, and points schedules for the new run type.
4. When finished, click save in the top right corner.
NOTE: If group qualifying for class is turned on (see group qualifying section) then a blue section at the bottom will be visible asking if this will be a group race or a single combined race. If this run type needs to keep the cars isolated in their groups (create a group 1 and group 2 etc) you will need to select “groups”. If it is a combining race (feature, a- main, etc) then selected “Single combined race” so that it will transfers the incoming groups into one race.
5. Be sure that once all of your run types have been added that you then click on the “add transfer positions” for each of the run types. Run types will need to all be added before doing this so that you can select the run type each transfer to. Add in your transfer positions for each run type (you can add as many position transfer positions as you need (1-4 to heat, all others to b main etc)).
6. Once all changes are finished, click the “RELOAD EVENT CHANGES” so that your new classes and run types appear on each of the tabs.
TO ALTER GROUP QUALIFYING RACES
- First, if you need to turn on / off group qualifying or alter the # of groups, click on the button under the Group Qualifying section (BLUE / ORANGE section) at the top of the class section labelled “click to enable” or “click to disable”. This will bring up the window to turn it on / off and change the number of groups. Note: if its already enabled, you will need to disable it and then enable it again to change the number of groups.
- Group qualifying races will show up as individual races (Heat 1 Group 1, Heat 1 Group 2). It is best practice to delete out all of the run types that are currently under the class that will need group qualifying associated with them (SEE EXCEPTION BELOW). So if you have a qualifying and heat races there- right click them to delete them out then add them back in. Once you add in your run types again (from the fold out menu on the left) it will have the group qualifying applied to it and will ask if you want to keep them in groups for each run type or combined.
EXCEPTION: If you are merely needing to have less groups then just delete out the groups you dont need (If you have 3 QUALIFYING /HEATS and only need 2 then just remove the 3rd heat and leave the rest. The only reason to delete them is if you didnt have group qualifying turned on to begin with or if you need to add more. If you need less then just remove the ones you dont need. Be sure to update your transfer positions if there were cars transferring to any of these races from other races.
- The above example shows that you want to setup a qualifying race using groups. From the previous screen we would have seen that group qualifying is turned on and there are 3 groups. Once you click save you will see the below screen where there are now 3 Qualifying Runs (one for each of the three groups.
- Next we will need to add in our next run type (for this example we will be setting up qualifying runs, heat runs, one feature race, and one b-main. The heat races would be setup the same way as the qualifying (keep in groups) and the feature race / b-main will be setup as shown below where they are being put in as a single combined race.
- Once saved it should look like this (the b-main would need to be added next the same way so that there is only 1 b-main race):
- Next add the transfer positions for each of the run types by clicking on each one to load it, then click on “add transfer positions”. You will want to add in the positions that are transferring, how they are transferring and then select the race they are proceeding to ( Qualifying (Group 1) would transfer to HEAT group 1, etc).
- Once all transfer positions are added in, click on the “RELOAD EVENT CHANGES” button to reload the event.
- If any lineups where in the system prior to making these changes, you will need to regenerate the lineups under the lineups button at the top of the screen.