Adding Additional Client Computers and Display Boards
Each time a new station or display has the software initially installed, the database will need to be connected before the software will run. In order to connect to the database:
- Once the software is installed on the computer- go to the START menu on the PC and find the “Racetrack Innovations” program folder. Keep in mind, this will only need to be done on the initial install or if the server / computer running the database has its named changed or if the computer has been replaced.
- Click on the program called “Database Manager”
- Proceed to step 4 if you do not know your server connection information. If you do know the name of your server / database you can click the “Manual Override” checkbox and manually put in your server information (click the test button at the top when finished and if it comes back successful, you have setup your client system successfully and it is ready to run the software).
- Click on the “Change DB Settings” button
- The system will take a moment to scan the network for database servers that it recognizes. After a moment, a window will open with two drop downs.
- Click the “server name” drop down and you should see an entry in the list with the name of your database server computer name \ the instance name of the database engine (COMPUTER\SQLEXPRESS). Click on the computer name\instance name that has your database running on it. Note: The connection must the COMPUTERNAME\INSTANCENAME format- it cannot be just the computer name for it to successfully connect. By default it will be COMPUTERNAME\SQLEXPRESS with COMPUTERNAME being the name of your server computer.
- Next, click on “Database Name” and select the database that has your software data. BY DEFAULT, THE DATABASE WILL BE NAMED RTI. Unless you have multiple sites datasets- click on RTI.
- Click Save and a message should appear stating that the connection was successful and a second message stating that the settings were saved successfully. If you do not receive a connection successful message then the server may be offline or the name may be incorrect. Please contact support to help troubleshoot.
- You should now be back at the main screen of the database manager. If everything looks good you can close out of this window and the station should be ready to run the software.